Contact Us
  • People

Sky is the limit

All commercial drone operators need to have Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO). This permission for commercial drone operation is issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) after you’ve taken part in training and passed theory and practical exams.

Anyone flying a drone for work, rather than just for fun, needs to have the permission of the CAA to carry out commercial operations. The PfCO is essentially a ‘license’ saying the operator’s cleared for commercial flying, that they know what they’re doing and have the permission to fly – and not everyone holds one, so it’s always a good idea to check.

At Virtual FM, we’re increasingly using drones to access high-level or tricky areas for surveys or to assess storm damage. It’s quicker, cheaper and easier than bringing high level platforms onto site, and the digital displays mean we can see exactly what’s going on.

Calum’s new qualification comes at just the right time, as he’ll mostly be flying our new Matrice 300 RTK drone, and using it for building and roof inspections and surveys.

Find out more about our Drone Services here, or give us a call on 0141 465 3397 to discuss your requirements.